- Project Name: Gwalior Airport – Construction of Terminal Building, Maharajpura, Gwalior Airport
- Location: Maharajpura, Gwalior Airport
- Product Used: 22mm Multicell, Solar Ice Polycarbonate Panels (600 Sq Mtr.)
- Architect: Rajiva Kumar & Associates
- Contractor: KPC Projects Limited
- Description of Project: Construction of a terminal building at Gwalior Airport with a requirement for single side slope skylight in circular shape cutouts.
The Need: The Gwalior Airport expansion project demanded the construction of a new terminal building. One of the specific needs of this project was to incorporate skylight elements with circular shape cutouts in a single side slope direction. The key requirements included:
- Skylight Integration: The client required skylights to allow natural light to illuminate the terminal building, creating a pleasant and energy-efficient interior environment.
- Circular Shape Cutouts: The design called for circular cutouts in a single side slope direction to align with the architectural vision.
- Timely Completion: Given the significance of airport operations, the project needed to be completed promptly.
The Coxwell Solution: Coxwell Polycarbonate Solutions provided a tailored solution for the Gwalior Airport Terminal Building project:
- 22mm Multicell, Solar Ice Panels: The choice of 22mm Multicell, Solar Ice Polycarbonate Panels was made to ensure optimal light diffusion, while the solar ice finish helped control heat and glare. These panels were perfectly suited for the circular cutouts.
- Expert Installation Team: Coxwell assigned a skilled installation team that worked efficiently to complete the project within a tight timeline.
Results: The implementation of Coxwell’s polycarbonate skylight solution at the Gwalior Airport Terminal Building led to remarkable results:
- Effective Skylighting: The skylights with circular cutouts allowed natural light to penetrate the terminal building, creating a well-lit, comfortable, and energy-efficient interior space.
- Architectural Harmony: The skylights seamlessly integrated with the single side slope design of the terminal building, enhancing its architectural aesthetics.
- Heat and Glare Control: The Solar Ice finish on the polycarbonate panels effectively controlled heat and glare, ensuring the comfort of passengers and staff.
- Timely Completion: Thanks to Coxwell’s expert installation team, the project was completed within just 15 days, meeting the client’s strict timeline requirements.
In conclusion, Coxwell’s polycarbonate skylight solution played a pivotal role in transforming the Gwalior Airport Terminal Building into a well-lit, architecturally harmonious, and efficient space. This case study underscores the advantages of using polycarbonate for skylighting in challenging architectural projects while adhering to tight project schedules.